Stanton Village is the famous place for tourist attraction
Stanton is a village and civil parish in Gloucestershire, England. The village is a spring line town at the base of the Cotswold escarpment. Stanton is approximately 4 KM southwest of Broadway in Worcestershire. The post-office town of Stanton is Broadway. The parish had a total of 198 people according to the 2011 Census.
On a northwest-southeast axis, the parish is approximately five kilometers long. It is encompassing both low-lying ground northwest of the hamlet and high Cotswold land to the southeast. At its broadest point, the parish is about 2.4 kilometers across on the opposite northeast-southwest axis. Shenberrow Hill is located on the escarpment in the southeast corner of Parish. The hill rises 303 meters above sea level. These sections cover and then join the River Isbourne about 800 meters beyond the parish. According to a report from 1712, the community had 60 homes and 300 residents, including 29 freeholders.
From 1906 through 1949, the Stott family owns the largest portion of the village. In addition to rebuilding the buildings. These proprietors created a reservoir in 1907, repaired the church, expanded the school, and constructed a swimming pool and cricket stadium. There is no school, post office, or store in the community today.
Cotswold stone was used nearly entirely in the construction of the village. The roofs of many houses thatch. It features a main street with a restaurant at the end. According to David Verey, the Hill is Architecturally, and the most outstanding of the little villages in the North Cotswolds.
The Manor also called Warren House and Warne Cottage also called Warren House are Elizabethan in style. This was once a manor house, but it is currently just a single home.
Shenbarrow Hillfort in Stanton Village
Shenbarrow Hillfort is an Iron Age military camp or earthwork boundary located just beyond the village. The shape of the hill fort is like a D and encompasses Shenbarrow Farm today. There aren’t many physical items found, although the earthworks are visible.
The inner defense includes the entrance and a canal, which both end at the rough stone edge to the north and south. On the southern side, there is an entryway.
Archaeological digs in 1935s identify the dry stone revetment on the inner face of the inner entrance to the south. In the Shenbarrow Hillfort find, Iron Age and Romano-British pottery, as well as iron shards, a bronze brooch, and part of a rotary quern are discovered at the site.
Mount Inn, Stanton Village
The view over through the Vale of Evesham and the Malvern Hills to the Black Mountains in Wales makes this very beautiful. The “atop a steep hill” at the end of the village is a very famous tourist attraction. It has a fascinating backstory. The structure original the farmhouse was called “The Bank”. Donnington Brewery and Richard Arkell bought it and turned it into a bar. Until 1962, is run by the Troughton family. For decades, it was known as “The Five Elms,” an off-license establishment where the innkeeper brewed cider in an abandoned building.